Here's our new pride and joy...
Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Deluxe Electric Juicer - Stainless Steel
Benefits of juicing: Better than packaged juices, great for the environment (less waste, no plastic containers),juicing retains all of the vitamins and nutrients of the original fruit or vegetable, perfect for kids and adults who are picky veggie eaters, your consuming densely packed amount of vitamins, minerals and other plant-based nutrients. Who really eats 5-6 servings of veggies or has the time to??
It's great because John and the kids are into it. I have to admit John is WAY better at it than I am. His concoctions almost always taste great... mine on the other hand, not so much. I'm a work in progress :) Our goal is to juice once a day and it's been going very well. It's perfect timing because since I've been past my first trimester, I am FORCING myself to eat veggies, they taste awful to me right now, like poison!
Just a phase in my pregnancy I suppose.
So if you follow this blog at all, you know that I have been trying to make subtle "green living" changes. A little here, a little there... Here's a recap:
- reusable bags for groceries and shopping (now if I could remember to take them out of the van every time :)
- incorporating more organic fruits and veggies
- almost no boxed and no preservative foods
- buying more meat at the local butcher
- more shopping at our local farmers market
- healthy sunscreen, no harsh chemicals
- green household cleaners
- reusable diapers (for baby #4 :) very excited for this!!
- no more bottled water, bought a Zero filtration system and LOVE IT!!
It's a start :)